[jbosstools-dev] Question of the day: How to find out which version of a plugin we have in target platform

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue May 31 17:26:54 EDT 2011

Why: because the list of IUs stated and the source repos from which the
IUs are fetched comprise a self-contained installation plan, which p2
can resolve and drop onto disk. That's how p2.mirror, p2.director, and
p2 install manager work.

What: the contents of the update site. Look in plugins/ and features/
and binaries/ for specifics.

As to "extra information" -- the target file lists IUs and repos. The
target site contains IUs and is itself a repo. Same information,
without the remote reference(s).