[jbosstools-dev] SVN cleanup of old deprecated projects: drools, labs, profiler, and workingset

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 10:36:03 EST 2011

Sometimes the best way to see if something is actually still used /
needed is to move it and see who screams. :)

Asking in advance often leads to replies like "oh, just leave it, this
is a bad time for churn"... like every time I've pushed to move a
project or two to github. :P

Anyway, if you want them back in the root, fine. I Just did a few `svn
move` commands to move them, so reverting those commits should be safe.

But I have to ask... why are you so attached to code that we don't
publish? Surely if it's not healthy enough to be pushed to jboss.org as
part of JBT, it's not worth keeping? And if you'd happily have me delete
it, then why should I put it back?

*confused*,

> On Nov 24, 2011, at 23:28, Nick Boldt wrote:
>
>> FYI, I've moved a few things out of the root and into a new child folder
>> called "DEPRECATED" because I'm fairly certain we don't need them any
>> more (we don't build or publish them, or they've moved upstream).
>>
>> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/trunk/DEPRECATED/
>>> drools
>>> labs
>>> profiler