[jbosstools-dev] Video Killed the Radio Star

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 10:19:27 EDT 2012

> I have been working on various demo videos to help promote JBoss Tools & JBDS.

These are great - only seen two of them yet but awesome ;)

Any chance you could signup to jbosstools vimeo group (http://vimeo.com/groups/jbosstools) and add these ?
You don't have to reupload them just add them to the group.

> Videos yet to be recorded:
> - JBoss Tools - Eclipse Marketplace installation and overview
> - GWT archetype & google tooling + basic Errai
> - Maven with JBoss Tools/JBDS deeper dive
>
> Also, I would love to have an "Eclipses Tips & Tricks" video - but I have not seen those well documented anywhere, if you have pointers to blogs or other videos for "tips & tricks" please send them my way.

I got a few scripts laying around for these:

Cmd+3

Remote debugging setup + our scan for local processes for remote debugging (usable with Arquillian tests running non-embedded)

Regular expression in search/replace

Take two files and compare them with each other via "Compare with" in context menu

Use of println() in debug breakpoints to add debug code to code you don't have the source for.

> Here are the videos I completed this past weekend:
>
> 1. JBDS 5 Installation, HTML5, Mobile & OpenShift
> http://www.screencast.com/t/Ee2lE6KS
> http://vimeo.com/39606090

The sound of this one is very low. It is audiable if cranking up the volume to the full level

> 2. JBDS 5 Java EE 6 Web + Arquillian
> http://www.screencast.com/t/hEVHehjfhFDO
> http://vimeo.com/39607154

Audio is good here.

btw. I noticed you used the term "we are using maven to build the war" a few times - that is technically not correct. Maven is actually not involved when building it , only involved when reading the pom.xml and then configure eclipse to emulate (not just simulate ;) what mvn would have done.

A better phrase is "we are using the maven integration in eclipse to build the war" :)

I'll try and get to look at the other videos ASAP :)