[jbosstools-dev] Make the "How To Build" page a favorite in your browser

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 10:15:06 EDT 2012

> >> If JBoss Nexus is  a requirement now then it seem to be missing
> >> instructions on adding the snapshot repo to ones
> >> ~/.m2/settings.xml ?
> > The Nexus repo is added to the top-level pom.xml for each
> > component, so it works without additional effort.
>
> please don't do that. thats a very bad mvn practice.
>
> IMO provide  a settings.xml users can use via -s settings.xml or copy
> to their ~/.m2/settings.xml instead.

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty convenient when things just compile out of the box without any extra configuration steps:  git clone; mvn install.

As for it being bad practice, I thought that was one of the benefits of using Maven: not having to scrounge around for JARs, etc. to get the project to build.

Just my two cents.

Rob