[jbosstools-dev] [SOLVED]Help wanted: Can't build tests component

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 11:22:11 EDT 2012

Victor,

You should find some pieces of answer here:
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToBuildJBossToolsWithMaven3
If you can't find what you need or don't find these instructions clear
enough, please say it (here, on a jira, or commenting the page). We will
improve it accordingly.

PS: The goal of this page, and one of our goals in release engineering
is to provide to all of JBT developers the necessary stuff to prevent
you from wondering "how can I build blah-blah?". So I'm really eager to
hear your feedback on this doc ;)

On 04/27/2012 05:11 PM, Victor Rubezhny wrote:
> Nick,
>
> Regarding the following warning in builder log:
>
> [WARNING] The requested profile "tests-bootstrap" could not be activated
> because it does not exist.
>
> We have no "tests-bootstrap" profile defined, so is this the reason why
> all the components were build by my command?
>
> What I needed is to run JUnit tests on this component. For other
> components I'm doing the build of<component>-bootstrap, then running
> the command like the following:
>
> mvn clean install -fae -e -Pdefault -f<comp>/tests/pom.xml
> -Dmaven.repo.local=.repository | tee<comp>.tests.log
>
> due to run the JUunit tests for that component.
>
> What is the shortest way for "tests" component, since I can't build its
> bootstrap only?
>
> Thanks,
> Victor

Mickael Istria