[jbosstools-dev] CDI Tools. What's next?

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Wed Aug 22 21:03:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

Here are my thought abut possible features/tasks that we can implement
in the next versions of JBT.

1. Performance issues. I believe CDI Tools don't work perfectly for
really big projects (thousands of CDI beans).
     Right now we are investigating such issues (creating test projects,
looking for bottlenecks and so on).
     When we will finish this work we will be able to tell what problems
we have, how big they are and how long it can take to fix the problems.
2. Some minor improvements such as: Continue to implement QuickFixes and
OpenOns based on documents which are being edited and have not been
saved yet.
     Not a big work since it's based on what we already have.
3. Continue to support new features introduced by Delta Spike (which is
still in progress and new features are coming).
4. CDI project view and/or Injection Dependency Diagram (have no idea
yet how such a diagram may look like but we can start to think about it
and maybe such a digram may be useful for CDI developers).
5. ?...

Suggestions/comments are welcome.