[jbosstools-dev] m2e/m2e-wtp Questions

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 04:42:20 EST 2012

Hi Fred & JBT-ers,

Asking now what I have not managed to ask personally in Brno.

(1) Is it safe to run an external (command line) maven command in a
workspace folder? Something like

   cd ~/workspace/gatein-portal
   mvn clean install

IIRC, about a year ago when I tried that last time, Eclipse was quite
unhappy about it. I do not remember what the error messages were but
since then I always rsync my workspace to /tmp/gatein-build and build
there. Is it safe by design now?

(2) Could perhaps "Maven > Update Project..." be run automatically when
necessary?
There are situations in which "Update Project" is proposed as the first
quick fix. And it solves the problem indeed. Why does m2e not run it by
itself if it already can detect quite reliably that it should be run?

(3) Finding sources during debug. Could you please direct me to a web
page or source file where the lookup sequence is documented/implemented?
I'd like to have a chance to check it when I get "source not found" next
time.

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Peter