[jbosstools-dev] Extending the AS Server View

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 15:02:20 EST 2012

> Once again, I'm working on SwitchYard tooling and would like to present details about the SY subsystem and deployments in the Servers view.  I know the mechanics of extending the view, but need access to the management client so I can generate the content.  I noticed there is a ManagerService, but it only provides support for basic operations (deploy, undeploy, start, stop).  Are there any plans to expand this interface to allow the execution of generic operations (e.g. ModelNode execute(ModelNode node))?

I see no problem in extending it - just need someone with the use case for supporting it.

> On that same note, are there any plans to add some basic content to the servers view (e.g. details, subsystems, etc.)?  Since I'll be adding support for a subsystem, it would be nice if there were a "Subsystems" container provided by the core tooling.

we have stayed away from reproducing the admin console for now.

But specific use cases would be useful for sure.

i.e. exposing the subsystem model raw I don't find useful from a "normal" user perspective.

Exposing existing deployments etc. is useful - but only works for servers you have full admin access to afaik so would have
to be resilient against not having access - i.e. openshift does not expose such and remote servers might not either.

> I don't mind putting together a patch for any (all) of this stuff.  I should be able to get the basics done in a couple days.

patches are welcome but do be aware we are starting to lock down for GA soon (codefreeze for beta is 16th)