[jbosstools-dev] Extending the AS Server View

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 15:42:48 EST 2012

Hey Max,

> > * move jboss-dmr from ...management.as71 to ...management.core (for
> > ModelNode dependency)
>
> that makes us afaik dependent on specific version of AS/client
> library does it not ?
>
> We've been burned by that so many times.

I totally understand.  Not sure if this makes you feel better or not, but here's a quip from the AS7 docs:

"A management client running with the management libraries created for AS 7.0 should still work if used to manage an AS 7.99 domain. The management client libraries needed to be forward compatible." [1]

> Note, this kind of stuff is important we get in - but we should be
> sure anything that you guys become dependent on is properly
> separated out as public
> API since I don't consider what we have now a stable public api.

At this point, I think that would simply be the management service and possibly any node types provided by the navigator extension (e.g. SubsystemNode).  If the content extension doesn't make it in, I don't think that's a problem at all (why I thought it should be separated out into a separate plugin).

Thanks again,
Rob

[1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Detyped+management+and+the+jboss-dmr+library