[jbosstools-dev] Project Examples

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 08:14:24 EST 2012

> SwitchYard assembles all its quickstarts into a single zip, which is published to a Maven repository.  I was thinking about adding a Maven importer that would use the artifact key to locate the archive and install a specific quickstart.  This is what I have envisioned:
>
> * specify artifact key, i.e. group, artifact, version, packaging, e.g. org.switchyard.quickstarts:switchyard-quickstarts-distro:0.3.0.Final:zip.

> * specify root folder, e.g. /bean-service or /demos/orders

> * import all projects under the specified folder

import all sounds like a horrible thing to me as a user. But better than nothing I guess.

if you already have a zip file at a stable URL then you can already use project examples infrastructure for this today I would say (assuming the projects are eclipse projects)

If maven projects then it is more tricky and I would say you should split out these examples into smaller ones or even better adapt them to archetypes so they work easily via JBoss Central ?