[jbosstools-dev] Refactoring Hudson views for DevStudio

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 14:12:29 EST 2012

Hi all,

In order to make Hudson clearer to consume for us and for automated
work, we plan to refactor the Hudson views in order to have a single
"top-level" view (DevStudio) which contains nested views (such as
DevStudio_Trunk, DevStudio_Stable_Branch and so on). Nested views won't
appear on the list of all views on Hudson home, but will be listed and
available from DevStudio view. The DevStudio view will be the actual
container of all DevStudio stuff (it is not exactly the case currently).
 From a end-user point of view, it will only replace 3 "DevStudio"
buttons on the main Hudson page by a single one that will contain the
same stuff as the current DevStudio view.
 From an internal point of view, we do not have to deal with links and
so on to manipulate views, so it will make automated tasks easier to
perform, configure and write.

This change will be applied at the beginning of next week.

You feedback is welcome, especially if you can think of a good reason to
not performing this refactoring.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>