[jbosstools-dev] Wizards for Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 13:42:25 EST 2012

> So far as I know, all the existing WS tooling requires that the project be a Dynamic Web Project. The upside of this is that we know what runtimes are associated with that project (i.e. JBoss AS 7, SOA-P 5.2, EAP, etc) and thus know which command-line tools to run to do the code generation for a top-down or bottom-up WS implementation.

ah yes - I forgot that part of it.

But that could be solved by having the wizard just take the default choice from the project and if nothing specified let the user choose which runtime to run against.

> IMO, though you may only need Axis2 for SwitchYard, if this is going to become the defacto standard for java2wsdl or wsdl2java code generation, we have to keep other runtimes in mind. If we go with Axis2 by itself, my concern is that we aren't supporting JBossWS, which we need for our runtime products.

Yes, i'm not sure what kind of differences there will be though. if axis2 is just used for codegeneration does that output work for/with (old) JBossWS and  JBossWS-CXF ?

max