[jbosstools-dev] Build Question

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 13:39:17 EST 2012

>>> I'm guessing at some point, there will be coordinated release
>>> milestones across the SOA tools, much like the milestones for JBT.
>>
>> Not unless the SOA tools dev get that going.
>>
>> Right now the "coordinated release" will be taking place on the
>> "older" plugins being used for the productized versions.
>>
>> For the new development I/we need the devs on SOA tooling to setup
>> such release milestones.
>
> Probably going to be tough.  It might be nice if we could standardize on something like a quarterly-ish or semi-annual release.  The purpose being to provide a wholesale refresh of the stable SOA repo.  This could be as simple as whatever the latest "release" build is for each project.  For example, if we were to do this today, that would be 0.3.0.Final for SY; next month it would be 0.4.0.Final.
>
> As the release approaches, coordination can pick up to ensure the necessary interdependencies are aligned properly.  This may involve sliding the date a bit, if necessary.

You are basically outlining the suggestion I've been pulling for the last year if not more ;)

> Also, I think the more process that is put around this, the less likely it will be to occur.

Yes - it requires the dev teams to want it.

For now jbosstools just been pulling for info on what version should get included in the next milestone but
thats just grown to be too much overhead for us to drive/maintain alone.

Which is why currently we have removed SOA site from core and awaiting Douglas to set it up and get the various
team involved in pushing their own bits and from there see if beautiful working updatesite compatible with rest of JBoss Tools will appear ;)

On a serious note - we should do this and if switchyard can be the motivator to kick it off (since it integrates all the other parts) that would be great.

If I can help with/answer anything let me know :)

/max