[jbosstools-dev] Build Question

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 04:18:35 EST 2012

> Recently, we (SwitchYard) have been working on adding support for referencing artifacts from SOA repositories.  Tooling has been added to allow the creation of these references in generic form or by referencing a package from a Guvnor repository.  All is well and good for the generic tooling, but the Guvnor integration requires v 5.4 of the Guvnor/Drools tooling. So...

You don't rely on *all* of drools 5.4 do you ? only the guvnor part correct ?

> Since v. 5.4 is not in the nightly SOA repo, how would one go about setting up the SY tooling project to reference the Drools tools 5.4 snapshot builds?

Answered in other thread.

> P.S. The Guvnor support is contained within its own feature.  Thus, the requirement on Drools 5.4 only applies if the user wishes to install the SY Guvnor integration feature.  If that is the case, they will need to install v. 5.4 of the Guvnor tooling from a snapshot build (since it is not in the nightly SOA repo).  This is known and acceptable to the SY team.

I guess that means yes - only Guvnor part. So yeah - makes sense drools and SY team get together and work with Douglas to enable you guys to have a
more recent and actively updated set of updatesites to cross-integrate on.