[jbosstools-dev] Who uses .target file?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 07:17:15 EDT 2012

please stop just replying to me ;)

cc'ing jbosstools dev

> On 03/15/2012 12:11 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> That is fine for generating the updatesite - but this does not control the resolution of features/plugins when actually building with tycho.
> Yes it does. Tycho resolves against given update-site, and local repo.
> On a clean repo, tycho won't visit other sources than the one you give him (the update-site), so we are sure it will use features/plugins from this site. If we control the site, we control what Tycho can resolve.

Not true.

Read tycho-dev about plan mode.

And sure - if I remove all my mirrors from settings.xml, do not build other plugins than from one specific branch/trunk on my machine with the same ~/.m2/repo in it then you are correct.

But that is *not* what happens.

We build from multiple branches, we want to use mirrors (and those mirrors can get out of date and thus build should fail if thats the case) and I don't have enough disk space to have a ~/.m2/repo for each build.