[jbosstools-dev] Who uses .target file?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 07:14:10 EDT 2012

another missed jbosstools-dev

> On 03/15/2012 11:52 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> The beauty is if we have such .target file we can use both in eclipse and tycho and be much more confident we are actually testing/building against the same bits.
> The beauty is that if we manage a repo, there is less PITA in maintaining build, and it is easy to create target platform that only relies *only* this repo. Then we are sure that those target platform contains the bits we decided to put in the repo.
> We manage bits in a repository, and we can provide subsets of this repo as target platforms.

Yes and you are talking about *different* things than what Denis, Rob and I are referring to.

You want to make it simpler to create the updatesites used for mirroring - great; you can do what you want there (more or less ;)

What we are talking about is *guaranteeing* that Tycho/p2 resolves the same version on each developers/jenkins machine. just using an updatesites does not do that.
Plus we are talking about having an easy way to feed the target platform into eclipse so it can be used for testing/development - feature/updatesites does not do that either.