[jbosstools-dev] Included features considered harmful (AS, BPEL, jBPM & JSF, please read)

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 05:00:02 EDT 2012

On Mar 21, 2012, at 8:47 AM, Rob Stryker wrote:

> I'm ASTools component lead, but I didn't set up the dependencies / plugins initially... I just continued whatever practice was in place without thinking much on it.  I don't know of any issues that require inclusion in this component, and as far as I know it's always been this way.

in the past we did not have fully mirrored eclipse dependencies - we do now and thus its not that much required anymore to have the "inclusion" specified.

> It seems dependency should be fine, but I'll need to test post-build to ensure nothing is broken. Honestly I'm not even sure how to test aside from a normal smoke test, since I'm uncertain of what kind of use cases might break from this change. I'm not very familiar on the exact osgi / eclipse rules governing this.
>
> Are there any pro-tips on what use cases might be broken by this?

it affects the generated updatesite zip and how p2 behaves when installing from updatesite.

so check installation from those two and see if there are differences when using them (i.e. disable "check other sites" to be sure you aren't just seeing eclipse fetching the dependencies from elsewhere)

/max