[jbosstools-dev] Included features considered harmful (AS, BPEL, jBPM & JSF, please read)

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 23:41:04 EDT 2012

Rob:

You could also look at the update site from Beta1 as a zip, and compare
that to the update site (or zip) you create locally after applying your
fixes to your features. I heartily recommend using Beyond Compare (from
scootersoftware.com) for doing these comparisons as it can be configured
to ignore dates/times and simply compare file sizes, then file contents.
It can also recurse into zips and jars and compare those contents too.
It's diff on steroids - even does image compares and 3-way compares.

If anything is missing, you have a potential problem. However, as long
as the no-longer-included stuff can be found on an upstream composite
site [1] and can be aggregated [2], [3] then you should be fine.

[1] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/_composite_/trunk/
[2] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/nightly/core/trunk/
[3] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/webtools/indigo/

Because AS Tools gets aggregated into TWO sites -- the main JBT Core
site [2] and the smaller Webtools site (used by WTP) [3], you need to
build both of these locally and test installing from them to ensure you
get everything you expect.

To build locally, look in this pom.xml [4] for instructions.

[4] http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/trunk/build/aggregate/pom.xml

cd ~/trunk/build/aggregate; mvn clean install -f webtools-site/pom.xml