[jbosstools-dev] JAX-RS, JPA and JSF Maven configurators moving to m2e-wtp at eclipse

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 08:56:43 EST 2012

Hi all,

we decided to contribute the JAX-RS, JPA and JSF Maven configurators
back to the m2e-wtp project
(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13048) where we believe they
truly belong :
- JAX-RS, JPA and JSF are WTP components
- current JBoss Tools coupling is really light, when it exists.

I'm currently preparing the initial contribution by changing the
projects namespaces, making them build without any JBoss Tools
dependencies, before submitting Contribution Questionnaires (CQ) on
Eclipse IPZilla.

Since Snjeza and I, contributors on the aforementioned plugins, are
already committers on m2e-wtp, the IP clearance should be pretty
straightforward.

General goal is to release the migrated plugins from their new home
@eclipse.org next February, as part of m2e-wtp 0.17.0, along the Juno
SR2 release train.

JBT 4.0 and JBDS 6.0 will still embed the JBoss version of the plugins
next december, but the plan is to make them shutdown gracefully once
m2e-wtp 0.17.0 is active. I have not decided yet if we should make the
features updateable by their m2e-wtp counterparts yet (but there's a
good chance that's what we'll do).

As a consequence, JAX-RS, JPA and JSF configurators enter in maintenance
mode in JBIDE : bug can still be fixed  in JBT, but new features should
be requested in bugzilla
(https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=M2E-WTP)

Regards,

Fred Bricon