[jbosstools-dev] Assigning JIRAs w/ patches for review

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 09:55:11 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

> On 03 Oct 2012, at 14:47, Rob Cernich <rcernich at redhat.com> wrote:

I never said we don't set the fix version.  I said, if the JIRA state is "Pull Request Pending" then that pull request has not been processed, meaning the patch has not been applied, meaning the "fix" is not yet in the targeted version.  (Although, it could also mean somebody forgot to update the JIRA state after processing the pull.  In which case the dev that issued the request will politely remind whoever did the pushing to update the JIRA.)

We update the state of the JIRA to "resolved" when the pull request has been pushed.  The link to the pull request is included in the JIRA.  So, search for resolved JIRA for a particular fix version and, included in the list returned will be the pull request(s) associated with each.

We also identify the JIRA in our commit comment: SWITCHYARD-783 incorporate transform creation into service promotion

Here's an example: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SWITCHYARD-999?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel