[jbosstools-dev] Assigning JIRAs w/ patches for review

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 12:08:11 EDT 2012

>>> If it's pending, the pull request has not been processed and
>>> therefore wouldn't be in a targeted version.
>>
>> that sounds like you dont set fix version for the jiras you plan to
>> fix in that version ?
>>
>> how can you see what is planned/missing for a version then ?
>
> I never said we don't set the fix version.  I said, if the JIRA state is "Pull Request Pending" then that pull request has not been processed, meaning the patch has not been applied, meaning the "fix" is not yet in the targeted version.  (Although, it could also mean somebody forgot to update the JIRA state after processing the pull.  In which case the dev that issued the request will politely remind whoever did the pushing to update the JIRA.)

Yeah :)

I think what Rob or at least I was looking for was if there was a way to find the issues that have had pullrequests approved - since the pull request url is there even with or without a pullrequest being approved or not.
i.e with the label approach you could find all those that have been reviewed.

But yeah, I think its probably just fine to rely on if Jira is Resolved and github pull request url is set then it was fixed via that pull request.

Anything else sounds like over-process.