[jbosstools-dev] [gitmigration] ACTION REQUIRED please respond back wether your project git repo is ok or not!

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 03:45:00 EDT 2012

> Mistria - does tycho source feature automatically exclude plugins that doesn't have sources or does it enforce every plugin
> listed in the original feature to have sources  (even if just empty)

The issue is that if Feature F includes bundle B, then source feature
F.source will include bundle B.source. So if we want to rely on Tycho
automation for source features, we have to ensure you can get a source
Bundle B.source for any bundle B. Otherwise, source feature creation
will fail.
In case there is no source, it seems like Tycho-source-plugin will:
* Not perform (don't generate anything) if there is no source folder
specified in build.properties
* Fail if there is no source folder and requireSourceRoots is set to true
* Succeed (?) if there is an empty source folder.

In our case, for cohesion with source features, we want a behavior
equivalent to having requireSourceRoots=true, ie we want to generate
source bundle for any bundle. So the only way to get it working so far
is to have an empty source folder:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-source-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/tycho/source/OsgiSourceMojo.java#n159
--
Mickael Istria