[jbosstools-dev] [gitmigration] ACTION REQUIRED please respond back wether your project git repo is ok or not!

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 05:18:13 EDT 2012

On 15 Oct 2012, at 14:56, Andrej Podhradsky <apodhrad at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> I have a comment on temp-jbosstools-integration-tests:
> There are missing 2 bot tests, for modeshape and for teiid designer.
>
> a) Bot Tests for ModeShape
> The whole project (including bot tests) has been migrated to github without history.
> An appropriate svn dir was deleted from trunk and the last svn path we can find the tests is as follows:
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/branches/jbosstools-4.0.0.Alpha1/modeshape/tests/org.jboss.tools.modeshape.rest.ui.bot.test/

Yes, and its in git history too: https://github.com/jbosstools/temp-jbosstools-integration-tests/tree/1b715a1a24ec153ad2bbf3a1b708f64c77453b77/tests/org.jboss.tools.modeshape.rest.ui.bot.test

You'll need to manually bring this one back afaics.

> b) Bot Tests for Teiid Designer
> The whole project (including bot tests) has been migrated to github with the whole history.

> An appropriate svn dir for these bot tests can be found at
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/tdesigner/trunk/tests/org.teiid.designer.ui.bot.test/
> Note that this url is out of jbosstools svn repository.

this is something to discuss with Barry - or at least get him involved in. What have you done with these tests until now ?

> The actual bot tests of both projects are in github (not big changes).
>
> So, there are 2 ways how to migrate these bot tests into the new git repo:
> 1) We don't include these tests into the SVN->GIT migration and then migrate them from the appropriate Git projects (I can take care of that)
> 2) or we can include the old tests into the migration and I can apply new changes which are in git and not in svn (about 3-4 patches)
>
> I suggest the second option, but I'm not sure how much it inflicts the migration, the following urls should be added into the migration
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/branches/jbosstools-4.0.0.Alpha1/modeshape/tests/org.jboss.tools.modeshape.rest.ui.bot.test
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/tdesigner/trunk/tests/org.teiid.designer.ui.bot.test

I can't add these into the migration - the fast export/import doesn't easily support this kinda of "merge".

If no history is an option I would go for #1.

/max