[jbosstools-dev] [gitmigration] ACTION REQUIRED please respond back wether your project git repo is ok or not!

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 13:04:52 EDT 2012

On 15. 10. 2012, at 14:56, Andrej Podhradsky <apodhrad at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> I have a comment on temp-jbosstools-integration-tests:
> There are missing 2 bot tests, for modeshape and for teiid designer.

This is expected. As you say, both of these bot tests have been removed from svn trunk. But they are in history. So you won't see them in the migrated repo in HEAD, but they will be there in history and you could retrieve them back and then apply the new changes since they were removed from svn. So there is nothing to do right now - it can be dealt with after the migration.

> a) Bot Tests for ModeShape
> The whole project (including bot tests) has been migrated to github without history.
> An appropriate svn dir was deleted from trunk and the last svn path we can find the tests is as follows:
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/branches/jbosstools-4.0.0.Alpha1/modeshape/tests/org.jboss.tools.modeshape.rest.ui.bot.test/
>
> b) Bot Tests for Teiid Designer
> The whole project (including bot tests) has been migrated to github with the whole history.
> An appropriate svn dir for these bot tests can be found at
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/tdesigner/trunk/tests/org.teiid.designer.ui.bot.test/
> Note that this url is out of jbosstools svn repository.
>
> The actual bot tests of both projects are in github (not big changes).
>
> So, there are 2 ways how to migrate these bot tests into the new git repo:
> 1) We don't include these tests into the SVN->GIT migration and then migrate them from the appropriate Git projects (I can take care of that)
> 2) or we can include the old tests into the migration and I can apply new changes which are in git and not in svn (about 3-4 patches)

These bot tests will be included in the migration just like all the other bot tests. This is the regexp that will be used:
regexp = re.compile('^[^/]*/[^/]*/[^/]*\.bot.*')

So basically when creating the new jbosstools-integration-tests git repo, only files that match that reg exp will be preserved. Everything else will be removed.
That means that we preserve these kind of folders:
_component_/_something_/*.bot*
Both teiid designer bot test and modeshape bot test match this.

-Martin

> I suggest the second option, but I'm not sure how much it inflicts the migration, the following urls should be added into the migration
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/branches/jbosstools-4.0.0.Alpha1/modeshape/tests/org.jboss.tools.modeshape.rest.ui.bot.test
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/tdesigner/trunk/tests/org.teiid.designer.ui.bot.test
>
> Best Regards
>
> Andrej