[jbosstools-dev] Common Validation: Help needed

Xavier Coulon xcoulon at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 10:49:56 EDT 2012

Hi !

The JAX-RS tooling is now aligned on the CDI tooling and relies on the common-validation plugin to validate the JAX-RS elements.
So far, so good, but I have this issue that I'd like to solve: at workbench start-up, the method

	public IStatus validate(Set<IFile> changedFiles, IProject project, ContextValidationHelper validationHelper,
			IProjectValidationContext context, ValidatorManager manager, IReporter reporter) throws ValidationException

of my validator is called, but with an empty set of 'changedFiles'. Wouldn't it make more sense to call the
	public IStatus validateAll(IProject project, ContextValidationHelper validationHelper,
			IProjectValidationContext validationContext, ValidatorManager manager, IReporter reporter)
			throws ValidationException
method instead ?

I can workaround that and call validateAll(..) when changesFiles.isEmpty() in the validate(..) method call, but I don't think it's the best approach.

WDYT ?

Thanks.

Best regards,
/Xavier