[jbosstools-dev] Alpha2 Build Status: ORANGE (RED + YELLOW)

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sun Apr 7 12:58:35 EDT 2013

Synopsis:

* Used wrong composite to resolve upstream deps

* Jobs that hardcode 4.30.5.Alpha3-SNAPSHOT failed after JBoss Nexus was
cleaned out. Jobs updated to use 4.30.5.Alpha3; respinning.

* Build & test failures for Base (Usage), Forge, Hibernate, JavaEE, JST,
Server

I have not opened JIRAs for the issues below as I assume project leads
can do so if the above respins haven't fixed them by Monday.

-----

Details:

Due to a typo I introduced in the parent pom, all the builds this
weekend so far have been using the wrong composite site to resolve their
upsteam deps - using the master [1] instead of the stable branch [2].

[1]
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/_composite_/core/trunk/
[2]
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/_composite_/core/4.1.kepler/

So... having corrected that, I'm respinning the stack. Hopefully it'll
finish in time to push the bits to QE tonight.

---

This weekend, the JBoss Nexus snapshot repo also purged the
4.30.5.Alpha3-SNAPSHOT version of the target platform, so jobs which
still had that version hardcoded into them failed. I've updated the jobs
to use 4.30.5.Alpha3 in the stable branch and 4.30.5.Alpha4-SNAPSHOT in
the master branch. (Mickael, Max: this step MUST be part of the target
platform release document to avoid unnecessarily broken builds.)

---

Meanwhile, there are a number of test failures to report. Assuming we
want to get these fixed in time for Alpha2's release, these will
necessitate a respin next weekend.

== Base ==

Red, test failure due to timeout:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13939

[INFO] org.jboss.tools.usage.test ........................ FAILURE
[40:03.900s]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-surefire-plugin:0.17.0:test (default-test) on
project org.jboss.tools.usage.test: Error while executing platform:
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineTimeOutException: Error while
executing external command, process killed. Process timeout out after
2400 seconds -> [Help 1]

http://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-base_41/

== Forge ==

Yellow, 2 test failures, 8 skipped tests

org.jboss.tools.forge.core.preferences.ForgeRuntimesPreferencesTest.testSetRuntimes

org.jboss.tools.forge.core.preferences.ForgeRuntimesPreferencesTest.testGetRuntimesInitialCase

https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_7.0.kepler/job/jbosstools-forge_41/

== Hibernate ==

Red or Yellow, 2+ test failures:

 >>> org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.test.HQLQueryValidatorTest.testHQLDetector

org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.test.HQLQueryValidatorTest.testCheckQueryEL

[INFO] org.jboss.tools.hibernate.jpt.core.test ........... FAILURE
[40:03.927s]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-surefire-plugin:0.17.0:test (default-test) on
project org.jboss.tools.hibernate.jpt.core.test: Error while executing
platform: org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineTimeOutException:
Error while executing external command, process killed. Process timeout
out after 2400 seconds -> [Help 1]

http://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-hibernate_41/

== JavaEE ==

Yellow, 7 failures:

org.jboss.tools.cdi.seam.config.core.test.v30.SeamConfigValidationTest.testSettingInlineBeanValuesToBeanOrSetOrMap

org.jboss.tools.cdi.seam.config.core.test.SeamConfigValidationTest.testSettingInlineBeanValuesToBeanOrSetOrMap

org.jboss.tools.cdi.seam.config.core.test.v30.SeamConfigValidationTest.testSettingInlineBeanValuesToBeanOrSetOrMap

org.jboss.tools.jsf.ui.test.PropertiesNewWizardTest.testPropertiesFileNewWizardValidation2

org.jboss.tools.jsf.ui.test.AddJSFCapabilitiesTest.testAddJSFCapabilities

org.jboss.tools.runtime.seam.detector.test.SeamRuntimeDetectionTest.testJBossEap43
 >>> org.jboss.tools.seam.xml.test.SeamXMLModelTest.testDebugAttribute

https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_7.0.kepler/job/jbosstools-javaee_41/43/testReport/

Next build failed because Nexus cleaned up obsolete snapshots and the
job was still referring to 4.30.5.Alpha3-SNAPSHOT instead of 4.30.5.Alpha3.
Jobs (including this one and all _41 or _master jobs) have been
reconfigured to point to the released TP version. Respinning.

== JST ==

Yellow, 21 failures:

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.InsertJSCSSPaletteEntryTest.testAddJSCSSCheckboxSetTrue

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.InsertJSCSSPaletteEntryTest.testAddJSCSSCheckboxSetFalse

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewDialogWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewRadioWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewHeaderBarWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewGridWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewSelectMenuWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewButtonWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewLinkWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewToggleWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewPageWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewTextInputWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewPopupWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewRangeSliderWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewNavbarWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewCollapsibleContentBlockWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewListviewWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewGroupedCheckboxesWizard

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewFooterBarWizard
 >>> org.jboss.tools.test.util.ProjectImportTestSetup.Palette content

org.jboss.tools.jst.web.ui.test.NewJQueryMobilePaletteWizardTest.testNewCheckboxWizard

https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_7.0.kepler/job/jbosstools-jst_41/

== Server ==

Yellow, 1 test failure:

 >>> org.jboss.ide.eclipse.archives.test.core.ant.SimpleAntTest.testOne

However subsequent jobs all failed due to timeout, so I increased the
overall time allowed for the build to 4hrs. Respinning.

http://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-server_41/