[jbosstools-dev] Red Builds, Yellow Builds & Test Failures (getting ready for Code Freeze TOMORROW)

Snjezana Peco snjeza.peco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:52:53 EDT 2013

On 4/8/2013 9:34 AM, André Dietisheim wrote:
>> The way the E4 UISynchronizer runs UI messages seems to be changed.
>>
>> The usage tests run in the following way:
>>
>> - the usage_reporting_enabled property is set to false in the parent pom
>> - Eclipse starts the usage extension point that triggers opening the
>> dialog asynchronously
>> - Eclipse runs tests that set the usage_reporting_enabled property to
>> true
>>
>> Eclipse < Kepler M6 works as follows:
>>
>> - the usage_reporting_enabled property is set to false in the parent pom
>> - Eclipse starts the usage extension point that triggers opening the
>> dialog asynchronously
>> - Eclipse tries to open the dialog; since
>> usage_reporting_enabled=false, the dialog isn't open
>> - Eclipse runs tests that set the usage_reporting_enabled property to
>> true
>>
>> Kepler M6 on Linux works in the following way:
>>
>> - the usage_reporting_enabled property is set to false in the parent pom
>> - Eclipse starts the usage extension point that triggers opening the
>> dialog asynchronously
>> - Eclipse runs tests that set the usage_reporting_enabled property to
>> true
>> - Eclipse tries to open the dialog; since
>> usage_reporting_enabled=true, the dialog is open
>>
> so to sum up >= Kepler M6, the tests are run before the Eclipse
> extension tries to open the dialog, right (< Kepler M6 it's the other
> way round)?

No. The startup extension points are always run first. Kepler M6 UI
Synchronizer has been changed.
See Workbench.java

> I have no idea whether this is expected or not. Who does actually decide?
>
>> There are no more Eclipse instances when running a test plugin.
> I dont get this one, can you please explain more?

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13939?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12765371#comment-12765371 you have written:

"Latter tests then apparently run new Eclipse instances which then trigger the usage dialog."

I have just said that there is no other Eclipse instance when running
the usage test plugin (or some other test plugin).

Snjeza