[jbosstools-dev] [IMPORTANT] Changes in Default Assignee and Component lead notification

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 04:01:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

= Change in Jira

Since this morning all components in JBIDE and JBDS uses "Unassigned" as the default assignee for all new issues.

Component leads will still be notified about issue creation, update, resolution and reopening of issues in their component but
will no longer be the default assignee.

If you are not planning or intending to work on an issue then unassign your self; and vice versa assign your self if you are working on it.

= Reason

This change is based on the feedback/discussions at various face-2-faces and calls; there
was a feeling/concensus that it was not possible to query for issues that not yet have anyone
committed to fix or react to an issue.

This change makes that possible by making the assignee field actually useful again.

In short:
If an issue is assigned that assignee has taken on that task or been asked to take on that task.

If an issue is unassigned it is non-triaged or falling through the cracks and needs attention (similar
to when no fix version nor component set)

= Why not before ?

Previously (last year) there were no "component lead" option in notifcations; that changed a while ago and I've just not
had time to change it sooner.

Let me know if you see or experience issues, getting too many/few notifcations to keep on top of your component(s).

Thank you,
Max