[jbosstools-dev] Red Deer Installation on Juno

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 04:16:30 EDT 2013

I created a new job for juno:
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_6.0.juno/job/RedDeer_juno

Currently it is only set up to use that commit just before the Kepler M6 fix in RedDeer, so it uses this commit:
https://github.com/jboss-reddeer/reddeer/commit/31f61195b27ea26504c5185c6a9eee1bb9dba14e

It published the results here:
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/RedDeer_juno/all/repo/

And I promoted it to this stable location:
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/juno/core/reddeer/0.2.0/
 - this is the repo that should be added to our root pom in the juno branch of integration tests (jbosstools-4.0.x)

Andrej, can you check that this works for you? If it does, we can change the root pom to contain this.

What is not ideal is that we haven't upversion RedDeer, so we cannot really change this Juno version to anything. So right now the only differentiation is the different update site. On the other hand, we rarely limit bundle dependencies not to be higher than something - so most of the time the only way to ensure older version of something is just to use an older update site and the plugin versions don't really matter, so I guess this is not a real problem.

Also, right Andrej agreed that he is fine with just a single build that will be final for Juno. But we could also create a juno branch of RedDeer that could be altered if necessary - this will not do any harm I think. What do you think? Should we do it? Andrej? Jirka?

Thanks,
Martin

--
Martin Malina