[jbosstools-dev] Teiid Designer 8.2 Final released

phantomjinx p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 08:22:15 EDT 2013

Hey Max,

If a server is stopped then Designer creates a default teiid server model since there is no way to
know if the server has teiid installed.
This means its possible to display the Teiid Instance Editor page with default values.

However on starting the server in Eclipse, the server model is given a chance to query the JBoss
parent server and updated according to the teiid installation.
If there is no teiid installation then the model is removed entirely (in such an event the Teiid
Instance Editor page displays a "not installed" message).

Always nuanced use-cases that might need to be handled but I think we're getting there.

PGR

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 01:03:30PM -0400, Barry Lafond wrote:
>> Teiid Designer 8.2 Final is now available
>>
>> This release improves our integration with the JBoss Server framework as well as improved metadata import and VDB management support.
>
> nice - how do you detect if the teiid stuff is needed or not ? is it still always loaded on any eap/as7 server type no matter if
> teiid is running or how ?
>
> /max
>
>> Other features include:
>>

>>    * Support for Teiid 8.4 Final runtime
>>    * Support for row-based security and column masking in VDB Editor
>>    * Option to collect cost statistics during JDBC import
>>    * Improved DDL import via deployed data sources
>>    * VDB-Model refactoring improvements
>>
>> Check it out the details on our What's New page...
>>
>> Find downloads at: http://www.jboss.org/teiiddesigner/downloads
>> Update Site URL: http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/release/kepler/soa-tooling/teiiddesigner/
>>
>> Check it out the details on our What's New page...
>>
>> Blog: http://teiid.blogspot.com/2013/08/teiid-designer-82-final-available.html
>> Follow us: http://twitter.com/teiid
>>
>> Teiid Designer Project Team

Paul Richardson

  * p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
  * p.g.richardson at redhat.com
  * pgrichardson at linux.com

"I know exactly who reads the papers ...

  * The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
  * The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
  * The Times is read by people who do actually run the country.
  * The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
  * The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
  * The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
  * The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is."

Jim Hacker, Yes Minister