[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Fwd: JBoss Tools 4.1 Alpha based on Kepler - ready for branch for build ETA next week?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 12:06:32 EST 2013

Currently, because Kepler 4.3.0.Final is not yet released, I have set
both min and max to the same value in both the 4.1.0.Alpha1 (stable
branch) and 4.1.0.Alpha2 (master branch) parent poms:

                 <!-- In case no profile fits your requested TP version,
directly override this property -->

<TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION>4.30.3.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT</TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION>
                 <!-- default value for the "maximum" profile: TODO:
switch to M6 bits (4.30.3.Alpha1) -->

<TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION-maximum>4.30.3.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT</TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION-maximum>

Once 4.3.0.Final (Kepler R) is released in June, we will start to have a
valid "maximum" target platform as well, based on maintenance builds
that will eventually become Kepler SR1 or SR2.

Also, there is no "-Pminimum" profile, because that's the default
operation. The profile "-Pmaximum" is a convenience method to selects
the default maximum so you don't have to set it explicitly with
-DTARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=4.some.future.release-SNAPSHOT

--

Note too that the latest Kepler target platform is now version
4.30.3.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT (not .2) because we had to update to use Eclipse