[jbosstools-dev] Fwd: Builds broken after JBoss Nexus' cleanup of 90-day old SNAPSHOTs :: ACTION REQUIRED :: update your site/pom.xml files to point to new version!

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Sun Feb 24 14:33:12 EST 2013

Policy in JBoss Nexus is to purge old stuff from the snapshots repo when
it gets to be 90 days old.

This has exposed a problem this weekend in that an old artifact,
org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins:repository-utils:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT, which is
used to generate update sites for projects, no longer exists.

The replacement version, aligned with the current version of Tycho we
use, is this:

org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins:repository-utils:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT

Therefore projects who use this maven plugin when building their sites
will need to change this:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>repository-utils</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

to this:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>repository-utils</artifactId>
<version>0.16.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

I'm not sure how many projects are affected by this, but a quick scan of
what's on my disk suggests that at least the following need to be
updated in the 4.0.x, 4.1.0.Alpha1x and master branches:

jbosstools-base/site/pom.xml
jbosstools-central/site/pom.xml
jbosstools-integration-tests/site/pom.xml
jbosstools-javaee/site/pom.xml
jbosstools-server/site/pom.xml
modeshape-tools/site/pom.xml
jbosstools-integration-stack/aggregate-site/pom.xml