[jbosstools-dev] reason for file:// references in our p2 metadata ?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 05:07:53 EST 2013

> I was having 'fun' with Igor F. p2 browser and noticed that our sites have references to file:// based repos.
>
> See:
> http://screencast.com/t/n9y3c0uS
>
> This is showing for 3.3.x builds but I just tested on http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/juno/ and its the same in here.
>
> Any idea why that is in there ?
It's a bug in the un-maintained eclipse-update-site packaging type we're
using to aggregate repositories. Those file:// ids are used to create
unique identifiers for categories. Implementation in eclipse-repository
packaging type is better and removes that, but we can't use it yet
because we have some tweaks relying on the site.xml file.
See related jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-11065

This has never been on top of the priorities since it's working well
enough and the issue you noticed is invisible to end-users.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>