[jbosstools-dev] reason for file:// references in our p2 metadata ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 08:17:20 EST 2013

>> This is showing for 3.3.x builds but I just tested on
>> http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/juno/
>>  and its the same in here.
>>
>> Any idea why that is in there ?
>>
> It's a bug in the un-maintained eclipse-update-site packaging type we're using to aggregate repositories. Those file:// ids are used to create unique identifiers for categories. Implementation in eclipse-repository packaging type is better and removes that, but we can't use it yet because we have some tweaks relying on the site.xml file.

so you are saying these file refs are actually ids of categories not any installable units ?

> This has never been on top of the priorities since it's working well enough and the issue you noticed is invisible to end-users.

well, could we at least make those names just use their already unique file name instead of the full path and maybe prefix with something like "category.<uniqueid>" or something?

anyways, good to know what it is ;)