[jbosstools-dev] Beware of egit

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 07:57:11 EST 2013

Hi, I never use egit usually, as I always had bad surprises in the past,
I mostly prefer CLI.
Today I decided to give it a new chance so I committed and pushed a few
files using the awesome git staging view.

And then I opened
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-central/commit/aa0efbc9d811fb4676075c5f4b5ebfa3f86a443f

All lines are shown as changed (line endings crap I assume). How
awesome...not is that?

I'm on windows with core.autocrlf=true, in egit, 'ignore whitespace
changes' is UNCHECKED, so I have no idea of what happened.

So, if you haven't used egit (on windows) yet, well, be careful then.

Angry Fred