[jbosstools-dev] Showing no URL after deploying a Portlet project

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 16:05:20 EST 2013

Hi Max and *,

CCing gatein-core.

please see inline...

On 2013-01-16 21:24, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> as you may remember, we spoke about this on F2F in Brno. Our team would
>> prefer showing no URL for portlet projects. Clearly, one needs to define
>> what is a portlet project, but I am not sure what criteria come in
>> question.
>
>> It would be enough if it worked for projects based on our newest
>> quickstarts - those ones under experimental "GateIn Portal Quickstarts"
>> category. They all import gatein-3.5-bom in their POMs. Is that a
>> criterion you can work with?
>

> These projects are war',s correct ?

These projects are directories and files ;) which are ususally deployed
as WARs. I am not sure if other forms are possible. Probably not.

> That means they can have content hosted out of them don't they ?

Hm... "content hosted out of them" - what is that?

> What inside these projects (which eclipse has info about) can be used to decide its not relevant to open ?

Yes, that is what I proposed: JBT should not show any URL for projects
which have gatein-3.5-bom dependency in their POMs. Is that doable?

Best,

Peter