[jbosstools-dev] Showing no URL after deploying a Portlet project

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 17:36:50 EST 2013

>>> as you may remember, we spoke about this on F2F in Brno. Our team would
>>> prefer showing no URL for portlet projects. Clearly, one needs to define
>>> what is a portlet project, but I am not sure what criteria come in
>>> question.
>>
>>> It would be enough if it worked for projects based on our newest
>>> quickstarts - those ones under experimental "GateIn Portal Quickstarts"
>>> category. They all import gatein-3.5-bom in their POMs. Is that a
>>> criterion you can work with?
>>

>> These projects are war',s correct ?
>
> These projects are directories and files ;) which are ususally deployed as WARs. I am not sure if other forms are possible. Probably not.

Eclipse cannot import just directories and files....they are of some eclipse known project type. And yes they are a war - which I assume if you out a servlet or index.html in these actually will be served out as such, correct?

>> That means they can have content hosted out of them don't they ?
>
> Hm... "content hosted out of them" - what is that?

put a index.html in here or a servlet and AS will pick them up won't they ?

>> What inside these projects (which eclipse has info about) can be used to decide its not relevant to open ?
>
> Yes, that is what I proposed: JBT should not show any URL for projects which have gatein-3.5-bom dependency in their POMs. Is that doable?

The stuff that figures out what is runnable doesn't have access to maven metadata so its not a good choice IMO.
It can see files and classpath entries if it must.