[jbosstools-dev] Review upcoming change to 4.30.5.Alpha6-SNAPSHOT target platform

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 17:33:07 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 10:32:43AM -0400, Nick Boldt wrote:
>PR 2 was rejected (incomplete), but PR 3 passed validation here and
>there have been no subsequent objections in the last 7hrs, so I've
>pushed it into the repo and will be respinning the TP shortly.

eeeh - could you please give devs a chance to try this out before pushing ?! 7hrs is *not* enough time. Please be realistic
and follow the process we agreed on ! https://github.com/maxandersen/jbosstools-target-platforms/blob/tp_process/docs/updates_to_targetplatform_process.adoc

It clearly says:
"Send email to jbosstools-dev at lists.jboss.org requesting feedback

Await approvals from build, affected team leads and project lead(s). In case of urgency build + one project lead is considered ok, but should be the exception.

*THEN* apply.

..but now for the third time this is ignored.

To give feedback the changes looks good on first roll but change from planner to slicing (which I normally would consider good)
should be confirmed first. i.e. what dependencies will *not* be included now ?

These could easily escape being detected in builds thus would be great to outline them in such a change.

Have you compared the list of bundles in generated TP with and without this slicing/planner mode ?