[jbosstools-dev] NeedInfo about XULRunner

Yahor Radtsevich yradtsevich at exadel.com
Wed Jun 26 06:30:51 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Michelle Murray <mmurray at redhat.com>wrote:

> In the JBDS 7.0.0 Installation Guide I have the following statement:
>
>    - The visual component of the Visual Page Editor, which depends on
>    XULRunner, does not operate in the 64-bit version of JBoss Developer Studio
>    on OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems. To work around this
>    restriction, you must install a 32-bit version of JBoss Developer Studio on
>    64-bit OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
>
> Is this still correct or does it need updating? I think there was talk of
> trying to do away with XULRunner but I couldn't find a JIRA

Now XULRunner is available for Windows 64-bit. We left its support to be
experimental because of a dll-incompatibilty
error<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-2720?focusedCommentId=12771694&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12771694>,
which may occur on some systems. So on 64-bit Windows the users need to
install it via a separate update site:
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/xulrunner-1.9.2_win64/all/repo/
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-2720
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-14452

Yeah, it would be not bad to reword that statement while downloading.

> Thanks,
> Michelle

Best Regards,
Yahor Radtsevich