[jbosstools-dev] Enabled jboss.org new approach to jira/github integration

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 09:18:22 EDT 2013

I've enabled the tab integration that is described at https://community.jboss.org/en/website/blog/2013/03/11/new-way-to-show-github-commits-in-jbossorg-jira on all repos in @jbosstools github organization.

I've enabled the "magic" jira management from git commits on jbosstools-documentation repo and will give it a go and if it works well enable it on any other repo where the maintainer is ok with having this enabled.
(i'm just using the jbosstools-documentation as a test since i'm going to push a few to that later today)

The magic is described at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Processing+JIRA+issues+with+commit+messages and allows you to do this:

$ git checkout -b JBIDE-1233
$ <do changes>
$ git commit -m "JBIDE-1233 #resolve fix that issue by sprinkling magic dust on the bug"
$ <do the proper git rebase/pull as needed>
$ git checkout master
$ git merge JBIDE-1233
$ git push origin

Now JBIDE-1233 will get resolved with the commend "fix that issue by sprinkling magic dust on the bug""

I'll let you know how it goes - but do let me know if this git magic is something you would want enabled for the repos or not (you can read about limitations etc. in the docs above)

p.s. it might be a while before you will see the tabs/issues show up since jira needs to index the full history first.