[jbosstools-dev] JBTIS update site on JBoss Tools web site

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue May 7 09:15:02 EDT 2013

Uh, guys... you're reporting & solving a problem that doesn't exist.

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/kepler/integration-stack/aggregate/
is already a "stable" URL insofar as it contains no version number - it
is a composite site pointing at the latest version, which is currently
4.1.0 but will be 4.1.1 when/if that happens. Problem already solved.

Similarly,
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/integration/juno/integration-stack/aggregate/
contains no version number - it too is a composite site.

Thus all you need to do, when you're ready to promote an "integration"
site to a more stable release type, is to copy its contents to a
similarly-patterned URL, such as:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/*development*/juno/integration-stack/aggregate/
   or
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/*stable*/juno/integration-stack/aggregate/

And voila, you're released!

THEN... you link to the *development* or *stable* URL from
http://jboss.org/tools, and the world comes to visit.