[jbosstools-dev] Test failures/timeout are very bad

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue May 21 08:42:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:46:24AM +0200, Mickael Istria wrote:

Mickael - problem is that these tests passes fine on a local machine.

Fails on jenkins which unfortunately keeps being extremly unreliable and slow.

But Yes - we need to fix these and adjust the tests to not be reliant
on multiple jobs/threads etc. so the tests can run to completeness more reliable.

thats the worst thing I see in our testsuite, the tests are relying on concurrent jobs
and aren't simply testing a unit of code. it's testing a combination (i.e. big integration test)
and that's not something we should have in our core tests - thats too unreliable.

/max