[jbosstools-dev] How to setup an eclipse update site for Fuse Eclipse tooling

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri May 31 05:53:01 EDT 2013

On 05/31/2013 11:35 AM, Lars Heinemann wrote:
> --> I am currently using eclipse-repository packaging type but what I
> get by default is org.fusesource.ide.updatesite-7.2.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
> which would correspond to <artifactId>-<version>.zip.
> Any idea why I am getting that?

Actually, that's the default behaviour of Tycho and I was wrong about
repository.zip (it's probably an older convention I had in mind). I
don't think the zip name is a problem if you publish with a simple scp
or rsync. By the way, the repository/ folder does contain the same stuff
as the zip. It's easier to directly us it in order to publish, you can
save an "unzip" step.

> --> I just wanted to do it in a way other projects do it. But if you
> say it is not needed then I am fine with that.
Those scripts tend to solve more problems than necessary, just KISS for
the beginning, and come to share you future issue to see whether we can
work on a general way of publishing stuff.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>