[jbosstools-dev] How to setup an eclipse update site for Fuse Eclipse tooling

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri May 31 10:14:03 EDT 2013

Using the publish.sh [1] script is recommended because you'll be using
the same publish process, publish to the same location, and generate the
same build-time metadata as the other projects.

There's also promote.sh [2], which you can use to then copy from
builds/staging/<JOB_NAME> to some other location, and we have a generic
Jenkins job [3] you can configure to do the promote very easily. (You
can also clone the job and set different default parameters if you prefer.)

[1]
https://raw.github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build-ci/master/publish/publish.sh
[2]
https://raw.github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build-ci/master/publish/promote.sh
[3] https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-promote/

We also have a standard convention for generating an index.html page for
your unpacked update site, which you can fine-tune to use your own
banner image and other descriptive text.

Some examples of how to set that up in your site's pom.xml:

https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build-sites/blob/master/aggregate/webtools-site/pom.xml

https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape-tools/blob/master/site (see
pom.xml and siteTemplateFolder/index.html)

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-tools/tree/master/drools-eclipse/org.drools.updatesite