[jbosstools-dev] Running Maven tests against a pre-existing RCP application

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 03:32:50 EST 2013

On 11/13/2013 09:25 AM, Denis Golovin wrote:

> It is build.properties problems when not all resources from test
> plug-in are included into bundle jar. Should be fixed.
Cool.

>>> 2. Second try to run usually ends up with
>>>
>>> [INFO] Installing IUs [org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test,
>>> org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter,
>>> org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.junit4] to
>>> /home/eskimo/jbdevstudio-java-with-space/studio
>>> Installing org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test
>>> 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0206.
>>> Installing org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter 0.19.0.
>>> Installing org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.junit4 0.19.0.
>>> Installation failed.
>>> Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
>>>  Software being installed: JBoss Foundation Tests
>>> 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0206 (org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test
>>> 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0206)
>>>  Software currently installed: JBoss Foundation Tests
>>> 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0203 (org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test
>>> 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0203)
>>>  Only one of the following can be installed at once:
>>>   JBoss Foundation Tests 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0203
>>> (org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0203)
>>>   JBoss Foundation Tests 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0206
>>> (org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test 1.1.0.Alpha1-v20131109-0206)
>>> Application failed, log file location:
>>> /tmp/config3255596288906066066equinox/1383962733126.log
>>> [INFO]
>> That's because Foundation Tests is a singleton, and that you tried to
>> run tests twice which caused to install the same bundle twice. p2
>> doesn't allow multiple version in same application.
>> If possible, remove the singleton directive from bundle. If not, then
>> you need to use a clean application (which doesn't already contain
>> the bundle) for every tests.
>
> If I cannot change test an then run it again and again against the
> same product installation then there is no point to use this feature
> in development.
>
> Should it be updating singleton instead of installing it? Would that help?
If you can avoid singletons, p2 will allow installation of multiple
version of the same plugin. And you shouldn't see this error.
Otherwise, it means that you'll need either to uninstall previous
version of the bundle, or run tests on a clean application everytime.

Singletons are only necessary when plugin define extension points or
extensions. Bundle org.jboss.tools.foundation.test doesn't provide
anything like that. Just get rid of the plugin.xml, remove the singleton
directive in
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-base/blob/master/foundation/tests/org.jboss.tools.foundation.core.test/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF#L4
, and p2 would allow several installations of the bundle so you'll be
able to sequentially run tests on the same application without
uninstalling anything.

>> Please open a bug against Tycho and add me in CC.
>
> I'll do that.
Thx
--
Mickael Istria