[jbosstools-dev] Running Maven tests against a pre-existing RCP application

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 03:48:46 EST 2013

On 11/13/2013 09:42 AM, Denis Golovin wrote:
> Not all tests can be singletons, If we cannot have tests singletons,
> how we suppose to test extension points?
That's indeed a limitation for now. In case of singleton, then you'll
need to uninstall previous bundle manually, or always re-install a new
application.
Another workaround is to split the singleton plugin and the test one,
but I understand that's much overhead and not a very comfortable option.
You can also open an enhancement request in Tycho to explain the
use-case, so I'll negociate to have surefire first uninstall previous
installation in case of a singleton. But this won't happen soon (at
least not before next Tycho release).

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>