[jbosstools-dev] BuildContext in M2E Builders

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Thu Oct 3 10:28:11 EDT 2013

Hey Fred,

Thanks for the response.

----- Original Message -----
> m2e's incremental buildcontext is backed by an IResourceDelta which
> references all files modified by a user, during an incremental build.
> All files generated *during* the build, by build participants, mojo,
> whatever, are not part of that initial delta.
> I'm not sure it's possible to track all resources modified during the
> build. Basically, all maven plugins would need to implement the
> incremental build API for once, and all of them would need to tell the
> build context what has changed, including for example all the compiled
> classes. This would probably even require changes to the buildcontext
> api.

I think this may be a problem with the build context.  Compiled classes are available, but I suspect this is because the compiler refreshes its output (or uses Eclipse resources) without using BuildContext.  My particular problem seems to be related to the WTP resources build participant.

> I suggest you bring the discussion over to m2e-dev list, as I think
> it's an interesting challenge.

Sure.  Based on the above, I think I'll create a BZ for this issue as I think it will cause differences between Eclipse m2e and command line Maven builds.