[jbosstools-dev] How do I compile against org.jboss.tools.tests?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 02:50:54 EDT 2013

Hi Ian,

For our internal dependencies between jbosstools components, we don't
use the target-platform. Most of JBoss Tools developers have their
dependencies opened as project in the workspace.

for you use-case, you could:
* either import the bundle you depend on in your workspace. The benefit
is that you can see and change its code, which can be helpful, or
* create your own target platform and include into it the test bundles

     <location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeMode="slicer"
type="InstallableUnit" includeSource="true">
       <repository
location="http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/nightly/integrationtests/4.1.kepler/"/>

       <unit id="org.jboss.tools.tests" version="0.0.0"/> <!-- version
0.0.0 will select the best version, so if version changes on site, you
won't need to update it there --> </location>

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more if necessary.
You might also discuss with Max (Andersen) about whether your plugin
should already be shaped as a JBoss Tools component and part of a future
JBoss Tools release.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>