[jbosstools-dev] Installing JBT 4.1.1.x builds on JBDS 7.0.1

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 14:06:41 EDT 2013

You can only update JBDS installed via the installer from a JBDS update
site, if the thing you're trying to update is IN JBDS (rather that in
Central). This is because the installer will install a top-level
"Branded Product" feature which restricts all the
required/included/child features to specific versions.

Conversely, the "Bring Your Own Eclipse" JBDS is not restricted the same
way.

So, there are two options:

a) install JBDS "Branded Product" feature from its 7.1.0.Beta1 update
site [1] as an update to JBDS [2] installed via the installer. This only
works if the Beta1 site includes the new CordovaSim stuff.

or

b) install JBDS 7.1.0.Beta1 "Core Features" feature [3] or 7.0.1.GA
"Core Features" [4] into your own Eclipse Kepler install ("Bring Your
Own Eclipse"). Then you should be able to update w/o the conflict to
newer versions of JBT or JBDS as you require.

[1]
http://www.qa.jboss.com/binaries/RHDS/updates/development/7.1.0.Beta1.core
(requires VPN)

[2] https://devstudio.jboss.com/earlyaccess/7.0.0.GA.html