[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] Locus 1.1.0 is released

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 14:13:43 EDT 2013

Since the change we're proposing is really a non-change (just cosmetic
alterations), why not 1.1.1.Final (maintenance) or even 1.1.0.1.Final
(trivial maintenance)?

1.2.0 suggests "we actually did something new" not "due to the limits of
Nexus / Maven we are required to bump the version simply to adhere to
versioning conventions that state we should have '.Final' as the
qualifier on a release even though there's no actual IU in the site
which contains this version, so it's entirely just a label".

The more I think about this, the more the idea of having to respin
simply for a cosmetic alteration seems pointless. Bumping the version
means I'll have to push new bits onto download.jboss.org AND JBTIS will
have to (again) update their TP references in order to pull down *the
identical bits*. That's a lot of cascading work for a purely cosmetic
change.

So, other than the fact that the site doesn't have .Final in Nexus, and
it says "Nightly" instead of "Stable", do we *REALLY* need to bother?

Surely these are trivial problems we can fix in concert with some ACTUAL
fixes or new content in Locus, for the 1.2 release in the far-flung future.

WDYT?